Kurouchi Nakkiri knife 180mm
Big vegetable cutting knife!
The nakkiri was originally a knife specialized for cutting vegetables, but now people use it as an all-purpose knife. It is good for paring and cutting. The unique rectangular shaped blade is suitable for cutting all the way to the cutting board without the need for a horizontal pull or push. These knives are also much thinner than other knives. This does not help with cutting small bones in fish or meat, but is useful for cutting vegetables. The cutting edge is angled from both sides, called ryōba in Japanese. This makes it easier to cut straight slices.
This one is 180mm blade length. I recommend this to the people taller than 170cm or professional chef cutting vegetables all days. Try one of Nakkiri knife! If you like vegetable. I promise the knife will be your good partner in your kitchen. We also have some variety kinds of wooden hilts as the optional handle for vegetarian and vegan users.
- Kurouchi Nakkiri knife, 180mm blade,
- Total length: 315mm, Width: 56mm, Thickness: taper spine 4.5 - 1.6mm,
Blade: Yasuki blue steel core with stainless outer, Handle: D-shaped burnt chestnut wood with plastic hilt
Click the review from a Russian customer
- The options
Ho wood Saya +JPY12,000
- D-shaped Ho wood handle with horn hilt +JPY3,500 Photo
Octagonal shaped Enju wood handle with horn hilt +JPY7,000Photo SOLD OUT
- Octagonal shaped walnut wood handle with brown dyed maple hilt +JPY7,000 Photo
- Octagonal shaped walnut wood handle with black dyed maple hilt (for big hand) +JPY8,000 Photo
- Octagonal shaped Honduras rose wood handle with white dyed maple hilt +JPY7,000 Photo
- Custom handles are available now +JPY12,000, JPY14,000, JPY18,000, JPY20,000 or more.Photo Photo Photo Photo Ask me the detail!
- Special version
- Polished blade with Ho wood JPY51,000 in stock Photo
- Iron clad Kintaroame with Ho wood JPY112,200 in stock
Comments4.83 out of 5 , based on 3 ratings. 3 user reviews of Nakiri knife
I got the knives yesterday (btw. thx for the present :-) )
The performance of the Nakiri is absolutely outstanding!!
I never had such a good tool for a special purpose in my hands.
Working with it is pure pleasure, especially cutting leaves makes me smile!
Thank you for these great knives
It's 3 months I have been using Nakiri knife from your factory.
I have to say that knife maintains sharpness for a long time.
I can compare it to Tojiro knifes only, however your is much, much more better.
Knife is very handy, weight is optimal making whole day work in kitchen easy and enjoyable.
Thank you for your work and hart you put into the knife.
Everything fine here: your knife arrived this week. I'm very happy with it. Thank you for your beautiful work!
The fit and finish of the blade and special handle is very good. There's a lot to like about the knife: the matt color kurouchi finish, the steel, excellent grind and sharpening. It cuts very well, better than my other (Japanese) knives. The nakiri shape works very well for me with push forward cutting and chopping vegetables. So far so good!
best regards from the Netherlands,